Residence Nash County NC; 36 years old.
Enlisted on 10/10/1862 at Camp Vance, NC as a Private.
On 10/10/1862 he mustered into "A" Co. NC 47th Infantry
(date and method of discharge not given)
He was listed as:
* Wounded 7/1/1863 Gettysburg, PA
* Wounded 10/14/1863 Bristoe Station, VA
* Absent 9/30/1864 (place not stated) (Returned)
* POW 4/2/1865 Petersburg, VA
* Confined 4/7/1865 Hart's Island, NY Harbor
* Oath of Allegiance 6/17/1865 Hart's Island, NY Harbor*
born in Nash County, NC
Sources used by Historical Data Systems, Inc.:
- North Carolina Troops 1861-65, A Roster
* Description: Light Complexion, Dark Hair, Blue Eyes, Height 5' 8"
Captured at SSRR** April 2, 1865, received at Hart's Island, New York Harbor April 7, assigned to Company No. 6
M270: Compiled Service Records of Confederate Soldiers Who Served in Organizations from the State of North Carolina
** Sutherland's Station on the Petersburg & Lynchburg (South-Side) Road.
Men were recorded as captured at both "SSRR" and Sutherland's Station, same date
PETERSBURG & LYNCHBURG (SOUTH-SIDE) ROAD.
THOS. H. CAMPBELL, President,
H. D. BIRD, General Superintendent,
City Point to Lynchburg. March 30. Lynchburg to City Point.
Mail Acc. Fare Mls. STATIONS. Mls. Fare Acc. Mail.
p.m. a.m. Leave Arrive p.m. a.m.
. . . . .City Point. . . . .
4 00 4 50 . . . . .Petersburg. . . . . 123 5 00 6 00 4 28
4 50 6 02 50 10 . . . . .Sutherlands. . . . . 113 5 00 4 57 3 38