Has anyone tried to figure out where the various confederate artillery batteries were at the siege of Petersburg?
On two occasions in 1865 entire army corps moved into the line
In January 1865 Gordon second army corps returned to Petersburg Feom the Valley and occupied the far right of the confederate line, along the boydton plank Road line.
Did Gordon bring his artillery with him when he occupied the line at Petersburg?
In March 1865 Gordon’s second army corps transferred from the far right to the far left of Lee’s line. He exchange places with Anderson’s fourth army corps which moved from the far left to the far right of the confederate line.
Did the confederate artillery change positions along with the infantry, or did it remain in place?